The East Metro Economic Alliance (EMEA) is shaping the future of East Metro through economic advocacy by bringing together business and government leaders from East Portland, Fairview, Gresham, Troutdale, and Wood Village, EMEA builds consensus and promotes action on issues vital to the economic development and livability of the region.
The East Metro Economic Alliance (EMEA) is a non-profit organization comprised of approximately forty area businesses, chambers of commerce, and public agencies working together to shape the future of East Metro through economic advocacy. Membership meetings are held on the second Thursday of each month and feature presentations from guest speakers on current issues affecting the region. The meetings, which include a catered lunch, start at 11:30 a.m. in the Council Chamber of Fairview City Hall, located at 1300 NE Village St, Fairview OR 97024. See the Calendar page for more information.
EMEA has identified the following core initiatives as essential to achieving its mission:
- Columbia-Cascade River District - Re-develop the Eastern Columbia Corridor based on a united economic vision.
- Government & Business Relations - Educate local and state governments about ways to become more supportive of the business community and create a truly business-friendly environment.
- Education & Workforce Development - Build synergy between industry and education to produce a well-trained workforce prepared to meet the needs of businesses today and in the future.
- Springwater Development - Create a new economy for East Metro that integrates sustainable family-wage jobs and educational resources in a vibrant new economic community.
- Organizational Development - Provide EMEA with structure, vision, and leadership.